Monday, May 19, 2008

WUSB Radio Show, Bob Longman, 09 March 2008

12:30-2:30 pm. WUSB Stony brook NY, 90.1 FM, http://wusb.fm/

title -- Artist -- album N=New Lp=vinyl I=Instrumental
----------------------------------------------------------

This House -- Christopher Williams
The Dragonfly Races -- Ellis Paul -- the Dragonfly Races -- N
(title track) -- Brooks Williams-- The Time I Spend With You -- N
Desperate For Love -- Over The Rhine
Much Farther to Go -- Rosie Thomas
Those Kind of Things -- Jim Lauderdale -- Honey Songs -- N
Love Hurts -- Everly Brothers
Leaving the Life -- Lori McKenna
Last to Die -- Bruce Springsteen
I Can Laugh At It Now -- Dion
The Song Sings Itself -- Gerry O'Beirne -- the Bog Bodies.... -- N, I
Oh Darlin' -- O'Kanes
Returning -- Buddy & Julie Miller
Unchained -- Johnny Cash
Let's Go Out -- Devon Sproule
Lullabye -- Tim Blane -- Clockwork -- N
Somewhere Somebody -- Jennifer Warnes
If I Could Help Somebody -- 5 Blind Boys AL -- Down In New Orleans -- N
Hallelujah -- Fairfield Four
It Happens Every Day -- Dar Williams
Fire -- Iona (UK) -- -- I
Stoned Soul Picnic -- New York Voices -- A Day Like This -- N
I Can't Make It Alone -- Lou Rawls -- the Essential... -- "N"
Dead End Street -- Lou Rawls -- the Essential.... -- "N"
One -- Harry Nilsson

I've been catching up again with Rosie Thomas tracks lately, they wear well.
Exhibit B in the case for Lou Rawls as a top-level soul singer (Exhibit A was with Sam Cooke, in Bring It On Home to Me).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great list!
link