- I was not the lead live broadcast engineer at the BBC for many years, who was instrumental in their live casts of Parliament sessions. He was, in many ways, a broadcast pioneer.
- I was not the town smithy in Easington UK in the 1850s.
Nor am I his probable ancestor who married a woman named Mary, who soon after his death married the son of the Rector of Easington, Thomas Mallory, in the 1650s.
- I was not witness to the wedding of William Dowling and Ann Longman, 30 Oct 1785, at St. Mary Bourne, Winchester Anglican Diocese
- I was not a poet/writer in Lancashire UK around 1350.
- I was not the Anglican minister of Placentia NF starting in 1759.
- I did not live in Tingewick UK in the 1890s.
- I was not the son (1785 - 1850) of William & Matilda Longman.
- I did not marry a Jane Hodges in Corton-Denham, Somerset UK, whose son was Charles Longman (b. 1722). (Though I could be related to him.)
- I am not the president of Central Surveys Inc.
- I do not head the Australian Electoral Office.
- I was not he who agreed to the Protestation of 1641, in Stalbridge, Dorset UK -- nor would I have done so.
- I was not his probable descendant, a woodman from Hilton in Dorset, who at the time of the 1881 census was an inmate at the Poole Union Workhouse.
- I am not a credit officer at the Rural Community Assistance Corp. (though I have read articles related to his work)
- I am not the Laparoscopic Surgeon in Bristol UK.
- I did not marry Hillary Carter (Hillary was b. around 1954). (Or anyone else :( )
- I was not a fencer at Oberlin College (class of '62)
- I did not marry Hannah Scouse in Wherwell UK on 12 Jan 1767, nor marry Rachel Becket in Wherwell UK on 25 July 1785.
- I am not Group Technical Director at Plasmon.
- I am not in any way involved with USA Shout Media.
- I am not the Longman who is affiliated with Green Living Now.
- I am not the antitrust legal counsel at Kasowitz, Benson LLP. That Robert is also an officer of a group that works with the world's needy women and children, Heartbeats Of the World. His wedding to Chin Quee was written up in the New York Times (16 July 1996).
- I am not the consultant who was quoted in several news reports as having heard the Cory Lidle plane crash.
- I was not the 1800s British thief (whose real name, as far as I can tell, was Phineas Henry).
- I did not serve in the US Navy at sea on the USS Montrose in the Korean War.
(However, I am the son of a Marine who served on land in battle during that war.)
- I am not the one who raises show cats in Sussex UK.
- I am not a staff lawyer for the Washington State legislature.
- Guitarist Richard Durrant's record label was not named after me or my family.
- I am not a leader in the Saskatchewan Miniature Horse Association.
- That sure wasn't me who was a leading character played by Linus Roache in the British TV show Seaforth.
- I did not publish scandal rags (newspaper/flyers) in New York in the 1900s. (Though I may be related to him.)
- So far as I can tell, I am not related to the Longman family that founded a major publishing company in the UK. (If someone has other information, I'd love to know.)
- and, I most certainly, absolutely am not the one who, under the apparent pen name Bob Longman, wrote the rated multiple "X" so-called 'underground classic' book titled 'The Debutante Whore'. (Believe it or not, I get occasional emails asking me about that.)
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
At least I know who I'm not...
A note on the Robert Longmans that I am not :